Round Square Conference 2010 Steering Committee Meetings

Our final t-shirt designs

Continuing on from term 1 I have been working with 15 other student in preparation for the International RS conference which we will be hosting this October.

What did I do?

This term we got a lot of feedback from the delegates who just returned from the latest conference in India. They explained to us what was successful about the conference and what could perhaps have been done better. Any good points we have tried to merge into our program and we have taken note of any points to improve on. As mentioned in my previous post, everyone has been categorized into one of the 5 subcommittees: creative committee, barazza committee (discussion groups which will be help during the conference), entertainment committee, activities committee or the miscellaneous committee. We are hoping this will make us able to work more efficiently and precisely as we can each focus on a smaller aspect of the conference. As I am part of the creative committee, we have spent the majority of this term designing and producing a digital copy of the conference t-shirts which will be given out to all the delegates.

Did I achieve my goals?

This term I have continued to send out the minutes on time which was one of my main aims. I have also been participating actively in discussions and taking detailed notes and any important issues. For next term I hope to continue work on the t-shirt designs, as well as to get started on the delegates’ goodie bags and their contents.

Were there any problems along the way?

The main problems we encountered were trying to fit all the necessary info onto the t-shirts in a nice presentable manner. However after a lot of discussion, sketching and a little help from the school’s marketing director, we managed to get a design which we are all happy with.

What have I learnt?

I have learnt that splitting the workload amongst all member of the committee (through using subcommittees) is the most effective methods for getting work done. Feedback is necessary as well in order to get everyone’s input and thus, the best possible outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment